Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Study for Drunken Boxing

I have a manga project in mind that is far away but for now I'm studying a lot of characteristics and positions. Here is one of my favorites shaolin styles of fighting - Drunken Boxing! Although a lot of people find it funny and it's only for show, one should know that it is a very powerful style. Jackie Chan made this style very famous with his 2 films "Drunken Master" (1978) and "The Legend of Drunken Master" (1994), aka "Drunken Master II".

Anyways here are some sketches I did (on paper) regarding this style.

This is one of the characteristics of Drunken Boxing- the Drunken Fist. It mimics like one is holding a cup.


This one is the same position but seen from the front. When I did the first one (top), it reminded me of an Anime character from the series "Naruto"- Rock Lee. So I decided to apply bandages just like his, and the result came just as I wanted!


This is a very rough sketch of a character (probably for the manga) that may suit well this style. I put on him kung fu clothes that will make him more suitable for Drunken Boxing. Done very quick and rough.

No comments: